Wednesday April 7, 2021 – Happy Masters Eve! While it’s not a nationally recognized holiday, it should be.
So, we figured we’d do some capital “J” journalism and gather some insights to help you with your Masters Fantasy League picks.
Before we get going, I want to take a second and give ourselves a pat on the back for the sportsmanship we’re displaying. Not every club out there would be so willing to help the competition.
But, I digress.
What To Watch For
1. Tiger is not playing. You should know this unless you’ve been under a rock these past few months.
2. Brooks is playing despite being just 19-days out of surgery. Do we have another Curt Schilling circa the 2004 ALCS game on our hands? We’re Brooks fans, so we’re going to give him the benefit of the doubt. And, if you’re wondering whether or not he’s gunning for the green jacket, think again. He’s channeling his inner Power Ranger.
3. Angel Cabrera didn’t make the Champion’s dinner on Tuesday. It turns out being on a most wanted list isn’t a good thing after all. Sure, this snippet is somewhat irrelevant, but whatever.
4. The weather forecast isn’t looking too hot. So, while word on the street is that the greens are going to be ROLLING, perhaps Mother Nature has other plans? Regardless, DJ’s 20-under last November seems to be out of reach this go around…
5. Jordan Spieth is a heavy betting favorite (10-1). Can he stay on a heater?
6. Jon Rahm arrived at Augusta today just days after his wife gave birth to their first child. So, one might say he’s the least “prepared” of the field. P.S. Congrats on the…well, you know how reproduction works.
7. According to the experts, Justin Thomas is the guy to beat. His finishes have improved every year at Augusta. So, if the trend is to continue, he’s going to need a T3 or better this week.
8. Despite a viral clip of him going ape shit on the range earlier this week, Bryson is more “seasoned” in his grip it & rip it approach. Without the distraction of a 48” big stick, he’s probably going to make some noise.
9. If you want to keep track of how your picks are doing, here are some notable Round 1 pairings and tee times:
- Brooks Koepka, Viktor Hovland, Bubba Watson — 10:06 AM EST
- Dustin Johnson, Lee Westwood, Tyler Strafaci — 10:30 AM EST
- Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Xander Schauffele — 10:42 AM EST
- Bryson DeChambeau, Adam Scott, Max homa — 1:36 PM EST
- Justin Thomas, Tony Finau, Louis Oosthuizen — 1:48 PM EST
- Jordan Spieth, Collin Morikawa, Cam Smith — 2:00 PM EST
Until next time, friends.
P.S. If you’re looking to make a last minute entry into our Masters Week Fantasy league, drop us a message and we’ll send you an invite.